Monday 23 May 2011

Post 2.2 of handmade year

We switched the tv off and settled down with a colouring book and new crayons. Within 5 mins all the kids had sloped off leaving me colouring AND talking to myself so i took five mins before tea time to knock up this little scissor/glasses case.
i took the inspiration from a kit i got from the new Mollie Makes mag and as i dont find it practical to use a case for my iphone, and i dont know anyone that does, i edited the pattern to make it smaller and changed the layout to suit me. My glasses fit perfectly and handy to pop my scissors in when the kids are about.

I used a sewing machine to sew on the applique, i used a large stitch and tried REALLY hard not to keep it neat for a fun and quirky look.
What can you make in FIVE mins ??

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment